Flexible, Fast Thunderbolt 2 & USB3.0 Desktop RAID (6 x 10.0 TB Drives Fitted)
Thunderbolt 2/USB 3.0 to 6Gb/s SATA RAID Storage
ARC-5028T2 features two cutting-edge interfaces, Thunderbolt 2 and SuperSpeed USB 3.0. Thunderbolt 2 is full backward compatibility to the same cables and connectors used with today's Thunderbolt. It pushes speed to 20Gb/s and enables 4K video file transfer and display simultaneously.
ARC-5028T2 is equipped with dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for connecting to any Thunderbolt 2-enabled host such as the new Mac Pro, and offers an additional Thunderbolt 2 port for daisy-chaining other peripherals. The Thunderbolt daisy-chaining allows connection of up to six devices, so customers can connect ARC-5028T2 for massive amounts of video storage with a single Thunderbolt connection to their host computer.
The Areca ARC-5028T2 can meet the demand of users when working with rich, ultra-high resolution media through Thunderbolt 2 interface. The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface offers high-performance connectivity and is backward compatibility with any computer running compatible versions of Mac OS X (such as Mac Pro) or Windows.
ARC-5028T2 is a 6-bay 6Gb/s SAS/SATA Thunderbolt 2/USB 3.0 storage with RAID control capabilities solution for Mac and PC environment. ARC-5028T2 incorporated high performance ROC and 1GB DDR3 memory with ECC protection to deliver true hardware RAID for the video editor working with real time multistream HD and 4K workflows.
It runs efficiently without disruption or major drops in performance to meet the requirements of 4K data workflow. It is so quick it allows for 4K displays at the same time as daisy chaining ARC-5028T2 and doing a simultaneous 4K output and file transfers while maintaining maximum throughput.
|Controller Architecture||• ARM_based 800MHz storage processor.|
• 1GB on-board DDR3-800 SDRAM with ECC protection.
• Write-through or write-back cache support.
• Support 6 internal 6Gb/s SAS/SATA ports.
• Support bootable from RAID storage volume.
• Redundant flash image for controller availability.
• System status indication through LCD, LED and alarm buzzer.
• Intelligent power On/Off function.
• Battery Backup Module ready (optional).
|RAID Features||• RAID level 0, 1, 10(1E), 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60, Single Dis k or JBOD.|
• Multiple RAID selection.
• Support up to 1MB stripe size.
• Online array roaming.
• Online RAID level/stripe size migration.
• Instant availability and background initialization.
• Multiple pairs SSD/HDD disk clone function.
• SSD automatic monitor clone (AMC) support.
• Support global and dedicated hot spare.
• Automatic drive insertion / removal detection and rebuilding.
• Advanced configuration for smooth data streaming.
• Support intelligent power management to save energy and extend service life.
• Complete configuration management suite.
• McRAID manager - browser-based management tool (LAN or Thunderbolt).
• Push Buttons and LCD Display panel for setup and status.
• Command Line Interface (CLI)- scriptable configuration tool.
• API libraries support - combine GUI with user management utility.
• SNMP support for remote monitoring.
• SMTP support for email notification.
|Form Factor||Compact 6 Bays Disk Tower.|
|Host Connection||Two 20 Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 Technology Ports / One 5Gb/s USB 3.0 Port.|
|Disk Support||6 x 6Gb/s SAS / SATA 3.5” / 2.5” HDDs / SSDs.|
|OS Support||Mac OS X 10.8.5 or Higher.|
& Windows 7/8.
“For Windows, Install Driver First”.
|Enclosure Management||Thunderbolt Port, LAN Port, and LCD.|
|Cooling Fan||2 * 2700rpm/0.135A Brushless Fan.|
|Operating Temperature||0 ~ 40C.|
|Operation Humidity||5% ~ 95 %, Non-condensing.|
|Power Supply/In/Out||180W / 100-240V AC.|
|Dimension (W x H x D)||4.84 x 8.45 x 9.11 in (146 x 255 x 290 mm).|
|Weight (W/O Drives)||13.2 lbs / 6.0Kg.|
Areca Delivery Info
In general, next working day delivery services (UK Mainland) are available on Areca equipment orders placed before 4pm (subject to stock availability).
Non-timed deliveries should be delivered between the hours of 9am and 6pm.
Orders placed after 4pm on Fridays and on weekends will be processed as normal the following Monday.
Orders placed on Bank Holidays will be processed the next working day.
If urgent, please call one of our helpful account managers so they may double check everything for you, enabling you to place your order with confidence.