12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 to 12Gb/s SAS Hardware RAID Storage with Display Port (12 x 8.0 TB Enterprise Level Drives Fitted)
Areca ARC-8050T3-12E – 96.0 TB Enterprise
• Incredibly Fast 12-Bay Desktop Thunderbolt 3 To 12Gb/s SAS RAID Storage.
• 12 x Enterprise Level Hard Drives Mechanisms Fitted.
• Hardware RAID Levels: 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, Single Disk, JBOD.
• Expandable Via SFF-8644 (4-lanes) SAS Expansion Port.
• High Performance 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface.
• Support Simultaneous 4K In/Output Workflow.
• Dual Thunderbolt 3 Ports For Daisy-Chaining.
• EFI Supported For macOS Multi-Boot.
• Configuration By The Thunderbolt/LAN Port/LCD.
• Advanced Configuration For Video Optimised Performance Settings.
• Delivers Enterprise-Class Data Protection And Security.
• Controller-Level Hardware Encryption.
• Intelligent Power On/Off Function For Data Integrity.
• BBM Option For Cache Protection (Not Included - Please Call If Of Interest).
• Hard Drive Firmware Update All At Once.
• 1m 40Gb/s Active Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) Cable Included.
• Drives - 5 Year RTB Warranty | Areca Chassis - 3 Year RTB Manufacturer Warranty.
£ 5,390.00 | £ 5,171.94 inc VAT
Unleash Your Creativity Faster Than Ever
Thunderbolt™ 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40Gbps, creating one compact port that does it all – delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device.
ARC-8050T3 is equipped with dual Thunderbolt 3 ports for connecting to any Thunderbolt 3-enabled host and offers an additional Thunderbolt 3 port for daisy-chaining other peripherals, while also supplying power for quick notebook charging.
The Thunderbolt daisy-chaining allows connection of up to six devices, so customers can connect ARC-8050T3 for massive amounts of video storage with a single Thunderbolt connection to their host computer.
ARC-8050T3 can meet the demand of users when working with rich, ultra-high resolution media through Thunderbolt 3 interface.
The ARC-8050T3 also sports a full sized DisplayPort video output on its rear, allowing for a quick and easy 4K 60Hz display setup.
ARC-8050T3-12 is 12bay desktop SAS/SATA Hardware RAID Storage solution for both PC and Mac working environments.
The ARC-8050T3-12 performance is driven by an on-board RAID-On-Chip and ECC SDRAM memory to deliver true high performance hardware RAID protection against drive failure.
This combination helps to provide a high performance storage device ready to take on real time multi-steam HD, 4K, 6K and 8K workflows.
Enabling an Easy-to-Manage Storage Utility
Configuration and monitoring can be managed either through the LCD control panel, Thunderbolt interface or LAN port. The ArcSAP graphical user interface (GUI) is designed for quick managing and configuring the ARC-8050T3-12 RAID storage.
The intelligent cooling continuously adapts to environmental conditions by automatically controlling the speed of the cooling fans but still keeping a low-noise working environment.
Enterprise Class Data Availability and Security
The ARC-8050T3-12 supports Hardware RAID 5 for uninterrupted data availability in a single drive failure event or RAID 6 for dual drive failure safeguard.
Hot-Swappable drive bays provides zero downtime during a drive failure event. Intelligent power On/Off function powers the ARC-8050T3-12 unit in unison with the host computer during startup and shut-down for extra level of data integrity.
Board-level hardware encryption manages all drives attached to the ARC-8050T3-12 without impacting the performance for higher levels of security and protection.
12Gb SAS Expander Port
The storage capacity can be expanded instantly by adding additional cost effective ARC-4038 12G SAS Expander units, up to 256 drives with multiple 12G SAS expanders solutions like the 8 bay tower 16 or 24bay rackmount 12G SAS Expander solutions too! Ultimately allowing you to convert your 12G SAS expander storage to be use with any Thunderbolt 3 enabled host.
Provide optimized parameter to adjust controlled firmware behavior for smooth data streaming.
Controller-level Hardware Encryption
Board-level hardware encryption manages any kinds of drives attached to ARC-8050T3 without impacting the performance for higher levels of security.
Support a battery backup option that protects all data in cache memory in the event of unexpected power outage.
(not included - please call if of intereest)
Intelligent Power On/Off Function
Turn ARC-8050T3 power in unison with the host computer power status for data integrity.
Front Panel LCD and Buttons
Easy access for configuration and status report.
Embedded web server for remote control from one 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45).
|Controller Architecture||• 1.2 GHz dual core ROC for RAID core and SAS microcode.|
• 2GB on-board DDR3-1866 SDRAM with ECC protection.
• Redundant flash image for adapter availability.
• System status indication through LCD, LED and alarm buzzer.
|RAID Features||RAID level 0, 1, 1E, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60, Single Disk or JBOD.|
Multiple RAID selection.
Support up to 1MB stripe size.
Online array roaming.
Online RAID level/stripe size migration.
SED (self-encrypting drives) function support.
Support global hot spare and local hot spare.
Instant availability and background initialization.
Advanced configuration for smooth data streaming.
Disk scrubbing/ array verify scheduling support.
Multiple pairs SSD/HDD disk clone function.
SSD automatic monitor clone (AMC) support.
Support HDD firmware update.
Complete configuration management suite.
- McRAID manager – browser-based management tool (LAN or Thunderbolt).
- Push Buttons and LCD Display panel for setup and status.
- Command Line Interface (CLI) – scriptable configuration tool.
- API libraries support – combine GUI with user management utility.
- SNMP support for remote monitoring.
- SMTP support for email notification.
|Form Factor||Desktop 12-Bay|
|Disk Support||12 x 12Gb/s SAS|
|Onboard Cache||2GB DDR3-1866|
|Expansion Support||SFF-8644 (4-lanes)|
|Cooling Fan||2 x 2700rpm|
|Dimension (W x H x D)||8.1x12.2x11.4 in|
|Weight (W/O Drives)||20.8 lbs / 9.5Kg|
|Connection||Thunderbolt 3 x 2 / Display Port x 1 / Expansion x 1|
|OS Support||Mac OS X 10.10 or Higher & Windows 7/8|
“For Windows, Install Driver First”
Areca Delivery Info
In general, next working day delivery services (UK Mainland) are available on Areca equipment orders placed before 4pm (subject to stock availability).
Non-timed deliveries should be delivered between the hours of 9am and 6pm.
Orders placed after 4pm on Fridays and on weekends will be processed as normal the following Monday.
Orders placed on Bank Holidays will be processed the next working day.
If urgent, please call one of our helpful account managers so they may double check everything for you, enabling you to place your order with confidence.